Dr. James K Walker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James K Walker?

Having a bad day maybe?

Needed a new primary mine closed his office and I did not know (it was all of a sudden). I had gone to Mosaic's urgent care once and liked the doctor there so I thought I would give them a try. Well do not try DR JAMES WALKER! I will never forget the look of contempt on his face as he got out of his chair to walk out the door of the room. He told me he would not refill my medications with out even looking at the records I had brought from my doctor's office and the pharmacy. He did ask some questions but he did not like my answers and I could see his face, it was very disheartening to see a doctor be that way. If he did not want to be my primary he should of just said I would prefer not to take your case. I am a cardiac patient and a diabetic so I am not the easiest patient to look after, but I would have preferred a sorry I will refill this time but you will need to find a different doctor. I would have understood that. With the way things are and the limitations doctors feel they need to stay under but I got a rude, nasty man that I thought might be having a bad day. So I called later asking if he could fill a medication (not controlled) but I got from the person that called me back "Dr Walker will not be filling any medication for you today". What the heck does that mean? I did get my diabetic medication filled and that was it. I probably should see an Internist anyway but the wait for one is quite long. Anyway proceed with caution if you go to him for anything other than the flu or common cold.

Best Dr

Great doctor. Listens to you, Spends the time to make a good diagnosis, than gives extremely effective treatment.

Best DOCTOR

Dr, Walker is always willing to take extra time when it is needed. He may run a little late due to this, but in the long run I know that if I ever need anything he would do it for me as well. He is the most caring doctor I've ever been to.

Good Doctor

I enjoyed seeing Dr. Walker Hop to see him in the near future, I found his service as a doctor to be at the top of the line!

I have gone to Dr. Walker for 10-12 years but in the last couple he has gone downhill and apathetical. Insists on some tests not needed. Blood work every year, but insists on appointment afterward even if the labs are the same from year to year. Essentially holds your meds hostage until you do a $140 follow up visit when he says OK, good here's your scripts.

I was truly trying to find a new MD to handle my chronic pain. I have moved 80 miles from my current Dr. and for that reason as well as others, I asked a friend who her Dr. was and she highly recommended Dr. Walker, BUT, she is not a pain patient. Oh how that makes a difference!!! I specifically asked when I made the appointment if the fact that I am a chronic pain patient makes a difference. Most Dr.s will not see a new patient if they suffer with chronic pain (I am painfully learning this). By the time I got in to see him, he all but ripped me a new one because as he said I "come in on the heels of someone committing fraud against him and now he is being investigated and he was not about to risk his license taking on a new pain patient and how would that be fair to his little old ladies who need high blood pressure medication if he books up his time with pain patients because he see's them once a month." (summarized quote) I did not get a chance to tell him my history or the fact that I was NOT there for him to get out his prescription pad. I was there to see if he would take my case, and if so, I would see to it that he would get any of my former records he wanted (pain management, surgeon, current doctor, etc) In my mind, this was an initial visit to discuss my case and I would make a follow up appointment after I had the opportunity to gather my records and have them sent to him. But I never got the chance to convey that. He basically walked out the door with "I wish you the best of luck, have a good day" and walked out of the room. I was in tears. How was I supposed to know this had happened to him, and further, how was it my fault? I did not get the chance to tell him about my history or anything. When I told him I specifically asked the front desk about my condition when I called he told me that I cannot expect the front desk to know information like that. Really? What are they there for then if they do not know what conditions the dr.s will or will not accept as new patients? I am not one of the problem children when it comes to pain medications. I am a 48 year old mother, wife and grandmother who is TRYING not to file for disability and to continue being a productive member of my family. Unfortunately, after two back surgeries and 5 years, I am still in horrid pain. I did not feel that I should have been treated the way I was. I had to actually go into the ladies room to pull myself together before I could go to the front desk. I was simply looking for a new MD to take my case as my current doc is 82 miles from me, one way. But it clearly will not be Dr. Walker.

RUNS UP TESTS UNCOVERD BY INS BUT STILL GIVES PRESCRIPTONS BEFORE RESULTS

OUR FAMILY WENT TO HIM AT SEAPORT AND FOLLOWED HIM TO HIS NEW OFFICE. THE LAST YEAR OR TWO HE BECAME TEST HAPPY AND OUR INSURANCE DID'NT COVER THEM. WE GOT A HUGE BILL LATER ON, AND WORKED OUT A PAYMENT PLAN. THE LAST APPT WAS THREE WEEKS OUT AND WAS OUT OF NEEDED MEDS. THE DAY BEFORE HIS APPT. THEY SAID THEY WOULD NO LONGER SEE US. IT WAS HURTFULL,DIRTY,BUT YET TIME TO FIND A CARING NON TEST HAPPY DR. THAT WON'T MAKE YOU GO W\O MEDS AND CANCEL THE DAY BEFORE FOR NO REASON. I WAS MAKING THE AGREED PAYMENTS AND WAS TREATED LIKE DIRT AND TOLD FIND SOMEWHERE TO GO. I WOULD'NT RECOMEND A 2 MINUTE DR.

Eric Woodward

Caring but thorough in his examinations. Highly recomended...

Dr. James K Walker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.