Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James Kent has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 31
If you need a serious medical doctor and care Dr. Kent is your doctor. His staff is the best organized, totally professional, and is the most helpful. No matter if it is a chronic disease like Diabetes or a sudden hit with an aneurysm or even something weird like a fast moving infection streaming up your leg towards your heart...he loses no time and gets you the treatment you need. I agree with another reviewer here that I can not conceive this staff providing poor care. For about 20 years Dr. Kent was my physician and his staff truly cared for me and about me. He listened and he asked questions and he always always always asked me if there was anything else and if I had any other questions. He has a medical lab facility. If your goal is to live long and prosper then he is your doctor. He saved me a few times! One time it was Christmas and he diagnosed a critical condition and set up everything for a trip to Potomac Hospital which saved my life! And he did follow-up!
Dr. Kent has a volume business with a half dozen rooms for one doctor. You sit in the waiting room for 20 minutes to over an hour and then eventually get called to a room to wait another 15-30 minutes to actually see the doctor. Of course they have already collected your co-pay. His bedside manner is a lot like House except lacking the genius. He is smart but he assumes everyone else is a moron.If you just need a prescription, go here. It's a specialty.
Dr. Kent is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
39 Years Experience
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. James Kent accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsWoodbridge Family Doctor, 2200 Opitz Blvd, Woodbridge, VA
Dr. James Kent is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbridge, VA.