The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James A Knight
Dr. James A Knight, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Knight has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James A Knight has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. James A Knight has the following 10 expertise
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Malformations
- Diabetes Complications
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Dr. James A Knight has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. James A Knight is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Knight did my husband's Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) 13 years ago, and did my quad-bypass Feb 20, 2013. We have both found him to be extremely talented and caring. He is associated with a new group, and my post-bypass follow-up was handled by a very capable Physician's Assistant (PA). My bypass was not easy or routine, as I also have 12 (yes, that's a dozen) cardiac stents that he had to maneuver around. I highly recommend this fine gentleman.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
United States Army Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJames Arthur Knight Md, 102 Palo Alto Rd Ste 140, San Antonio, TX
Dr. James A Knight is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.