Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James D Knox Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Alzheimer's Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Knox had been my P.C.P. for about 10 years. However in that time I only saw him in person maybe 8 times. Usually I ended up getting pawned off on his nurse practitioner. She was awesome. She's the only reason I didn't give him an altogether horrible score. I don't get sick very often. I usually try to take a more holistic approach when I do. I didn't go to see the doctor more than a few times a year. At one point they actually called me and told me I needed to come in more often to remain on their active patient list. That seemed strange to me and kinda pushy. I made appointments when I actually needed to see the Dr. I also made appointments for yearly check ups. Why would I need to come in more often? Last fall I was laid off and also came down with the flu around the same time. I called to make an appointment and left a message(they use an automated system)saying that my insurance was expired but that I could pay cash and could they please call me back. Over the following week I called and left 3 more messages and they never got back to me. It turns out that they had actually moved locations(their number was still the same though). They never even called me or sent me a notice of the fact in the mail. Guess I wasn't worth their time.
Dr. Knox is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1986
Dr. James D Knox Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBryn Mawr Family Practice, 1991 Sproul Rd Ste 300, Broomall, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James D Knox Jr in this video.
Dr. James D Knox Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Broomall, PA.