Dr. James Kohn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Kohn?

not just a doctor

Posted on October 15th, 2010

I first put a review in several mths ago. I just went back for a 6 mth check up and once again was amazed by Dr. Kohn and his sensitivity and acute awareness of my total well being. I recently reached my coverage gap with my prescriptions and have been unable to afford the medication that keeps my B/P up( I am paralyzed). Dr. Kohn is my surgeon , I have a PCP, however every avenue I tried was a dead end. Dr Kohn took it upon himself to find another way for me to get this med.. He also assisted me with my appeal to Medicare for my new wheelchair. He made calls to other Drs. to see if there was an alternative. All of these things were very time consuming and tedius. I had all but given up on the medication. I call this a miracle. He really cares about his pts. and their total being--Mind, Body and Spirit. This is very rare. If someone has a family member that needs surgery, you will feel a calm spirit putting your loved one, (or yourself) in Dr. Kohn's hands.

More than a doctor

Posted on September 9th, 2010

I just went to see Dr. Kohn for my 6 mth check up for post op gtaft surgery. I am doing well. I would like to share a few things, I know Dr. Kohn's specialty is surgery, but I have run into a few predicaments, all resulting from our new Medicare guidelines. Being an SCI (spinal cord injury). Many things can happen. I have a problem maintaining my B/P to a liveable level. I have to take a Medicine called Midodrine. I have reached my Medigap coverage limit leaving me the full cost of 283.00 a mth. Unforunately. I do not qualify for any of the RX savings program, and This particular company does not offer assist. So I asked Dr. ohn to possibly refer me to another Dr. that might could come up with a different alternative. Being an R.N. I had already reasearched , called, begged you name it to no avail. Dr. Kohn took it upon hisself yesterday to make several calls to internist and cardiologist for any assist, instead of just sending me somewhere. Unfornut. there are no alternatives. Without this medicine my B/P falls to 60's over 30/40. He has taken it up on his own to contact the comp. write a compassionate letter and try to find a rep. I also just received a new wheelchair in march, which Medicare is denying, and an air mattress. He is putting a lot of time in going beyond to help me.If any of you have parents or family that needs a surgeon or wound care, please take this name down. He really cares about his patients, young and old, Medicare or not. The other Dr. In his office is Dr. Rafiq, who does the wound care and seems to have the same values.

Posted on August 20th, 2010

Dr. Kohn was the "on call" physician when I was in the er one evening. The er staff called him to consult on my case. He came to the er in a very timely manner, was very concerned, kind and caring about my problem. He admitted me to the hospital and continued his treatment of me with the same care and concern that he showed me in the er. He quickly ordered several tests and solved my issue within a very short time. I was discharged within a day. I had a followed up with him at his office and I have to say, his staff was some of the most professional and kindest people I've come across in the medical field! I was very pleased with Dr. Kohn and would highly recommend his services to anyone. He is an A+ doctor in my book.

Emergency Fistula

Posted on July 27th, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Kohn unconditionally. He became my doctor in 2004 when I became very ill after my AV fistula failed in my right arm. I was at the hospital no one wanted to operate on me because I also had MRSA. Dr. Kohn asked the doctor in my room if it was necessary for me to dialyze to stay alive and when the doctor replied yes Dr. Kohn said I'll do it tomorrow morning first thing. I was so happy. I spent about 3 weeks in the hospital but my biggest surprise came when I was released. I went to follow up with Dr. Kohn and he did something no one had done for me. He told me what my diagnosis of FSGS really meant and that since it was an autoimmune disease that I should do some research and find out what that means for me long term. I was ESRD for 2 years and not one doctor before Dr. Kohn had given me information about my disease specifically. I have done the research and at my clinic other FSGS patients come to me with questions. He not only saved my life he helped me understand exactly what was wrong with my body and my kidneys.Last year my nephrologist decided that there was too much pressure building in my fistula and it might need to be repaired. I saw Dr. Kohn and told him that with the economy this time I didn't have the money to pay for the surgery. He told that he wasn't worried about the money but worried about me getting better. I was shocked and amazed that a doctor would say that in this day and age!His office staff is polite and friendly and I've never had to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes for my appointment time and then the doctor is in the room within 5 minute. This is much different than the hour plus wait with some of my other doctors.I whole heartedly recommend Dr. Kohn. His compassion, professionalism, and knowledge saved and changed my life.

Posted on October 22nd, 2016