- California Pacific Medical Center
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James L Chen has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. James L Chen has the following 14 expertise
- Shoulder Fractures
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Knee Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Ankle Injuries
- Femur Head Necrosis
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Knee Dislocation
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Arm Fracture (Humeral Fractures)
- Elbow Injuries
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
14 Years Experience
Graduated in 2006
Dr. James L Chen Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. James L Chen
James Chen, MD is a board-certified general orthopaedic surgeon practicing in San Francisco. He earned his MPH at Cal Berkeley and his MD from Cal Davis. He completed his residency at the University of Hawaii, Queens Medical Ctr. Orthopaedic Surgery, and a prestigious fellowship at UCSF in Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy. Dr. Chen specializes in sports-related injuries, and is fellowship-trained in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery for the knee, shoulder, elbow, hip, and ankle. This state-of-the-art technique reduces surgical incisions from roughly 5 to 7 inches down to 4 millimeter portals, which results in a quicker, easier recovery from treatment, with less scarring. In addition to his private practice, Dr. Chen works with several local schools and athletic organizations, the semi-professional San Francisco City Football Club, and the National Football League (NFL).