Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James L Scales Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Neck Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I waited 5 years to see an Orthopedic Dr. because of fear.(Was told 10 years ago that I needed total knee replacement). Dr. Scales alleviated this fear the moment he walked through the door. Kind, compassionate, gentle, and began my treatment for osteoarthritis/knees conservatively. No rush to surgery! Cortisone injections for now - 24 hours later, at least 50% of my pain is gone. He goes right into the LOVE column. I will never go to anyone else.
I went to see Dr. scales on Friday and scheduled my surgery for next week cuz I felt so comfortable. his staff is very polite and accommodating and after my surgery Dr. Scales called three times to check on me and also told me that though they are closed for the long weekend (July 4th) but there is a doctor on call who will be able to answer any questions that I may have. I love the courtesy and professionalism of Dr. Scales and after 3 days of my bunion surgery, I feel no pain or regrets.
39 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Dr. James L Scales Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James L Scales Jr in this video.
Dr. James L Scales Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newton, NJ.