Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James L Stewart has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
Excellent diagnostics, very thorough. I have see for many years. Discusses all results and follows up with a written report complete with blood work results and treatment recommendations from annual physical. I have also seen his PA, Amanda and she is excellent too. The support staff in the past has rubbed me wrong but turnover has been a positive and the people he has now are great.
I have been a patient of this office for about 8 years. The staff has always been very helpful and Dr. Stewart is very thorough. He has gotten to the bottom of a medical problem that I had and provided treatment that took care of my problem without sending me to more specialists. I have referred my relatives and friends to his practice.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Erlanger Medical Center
Dr. James L Stewart accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNewtown Medical Associates, 3400 Old Milton Pkwy Ste 200, Alpharetta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James L Stewart in this video.
Dr. James L Stewart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.