Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James C Leisen
Dr. James C Leisen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Leisen is affiliated with DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center, Hutzel Womens Hospital and Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital. Dr. Leisen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James C Leisen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James C Leisen has the following 12 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Weight Loss
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. James C Leisen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Ive been a patient of this dr for about 20 yrs he is kind and takes care of the needs of his patients. He helps in so many ways to ease life with arthritis. He must get to know the person to help them with their life and what they like to do while thier body may be changing in painful and disfiguring ways to say he is not a wonderful dr. is terrible because this is because you dont know him
The visit with Dr. Leisen was a horrible experience. I have never had such an awful experience with a doctor. He was incredibly unprofessional. He was more concerned with my personal life than my health. He was very dismissive. He made several inappropriate comments during the office visit. I was very uncomfortable with him and would never recommend him to anyone.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Leisen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henry Ford Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHenry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James C Leisen in this video.
Dr. James C Leisen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.