Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James S Lewerenz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 41
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. James Lewerenz, who is a devoted, very knowledgeable and affable functional medical doctor, and the team of people he has put together. I have a health issue that for years I tried to figure out myself. An M.D. I was seeing could provide little insight and help to actually IMPROVE. Although I'm now on Medicare, I searched for and found Dr. Lewerenz, D.O., a functional medical doctor, to help me understand what I was dealing with, and to get healthy again. Anyone who visits with Dr. Lewerenz will see immediately that he is smart, knows his business, and cares about his patients immensely. This professionalism, with heart, also is reflected in his support staff and those affiliated with him. My story, after 18 months, is continued success. I am realizing my 2 goals completely. I am the one that has made the tweaks and changes in my life to further my health along, but Dr. Lewerenz's important advice and his medical support, as well as the efficiency of his staff, is vital. Bottom line, Dr. Lewerenz is the type of doctor we all wish we could have - the earlier in life the better. Don't wait, don't delay. Young or old, if you are looking for excellent medical help to achieve your BEST health, look no further. Any age is the right age to learn how to naturally care for our health to the best of our ability. He's one medical doctor who you will want on your team. Thumbs Up! 5 Star! Thank you, Dr. L.! Onward!
I have called twice over the past few months to ask about an appointment, spoken to the admin who said she would call me back about scheduling an appt... and then I never heard back. For those of trying to heal, it's hard to find a dr. Calling us back is a small thing... Hope someone from the office will read this and consider how to implement a change.
Dr. Lewerenz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. James S Lewerenz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLewerenz Medical Center, 1467 E 12 Mile Rd, Madison Heights, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James S Lewerenz in this video.
Dr. James S Lewerenz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison Heights, MI.