Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James D Lilly has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
The first red flag i got from Dr Lilly was when i had to wait a week in order to get a prescription. The reason of that was because the first pills he prescribed me were not covered by my insurance so i had to call first the insurance and then the doctor office and ask them to exchange the prescription to something i could have covered by my insurance. It took them a week if not more to fax a prescription, ridiculous. Yesterday i had an emergency, i was in horrible pain, didn't sleep at all, called the doctor and i was told that i was going to receive a call back from him shortly and nobody called me untill 24 hours later, which i think it's ridicolous. The doctor knew it was an emergency. I had to run to the ER and finally have a fabolous doctor taking care of me and make sure i wasn't in pain anymore. The staff at Dr Lilly office is horrible and very rude. this morning when they finally called me back ( 24h later) the woman on the phone first asked me questions like she had no idea who i was and why she was calling me back, second when i told her that i was told that Dr Lilly was going to call me back shortly and in between patients yesterday she told me that the doctor wasn't there yesterday, which it was a lie. First i was upset with the staff thinking that wasn't the doctor's fault but really and truly if you are an awesome doctor how could you work with such horrible people around you. I would no recommend this doctor to anybody.
Dr. Lilly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1998
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. James D Lilly accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames Desporte Lilly Md, 2820 Napoleon Ave Ste 700, New Orleans, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James D Lilly in this video.
Dr. James D Lilly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.