Dr. James G Lindley Jr Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. James G Lindley Jr?

Delighted

I went to Dr. Lindley for lower back pain that could drop me to my knees. I had already had an MRI done and brought it with me. He reviewed the scan and spoke to me about options. He suggested that I do yoga to strengthen the core muscles to help with the back pain. And it did! I really appreciate that he is NOT a doctor who goes straight to the surgical option but takes a conservative approach- or at the very least offers it to the client. 2 years later I landed at the ER for pain in my chest which turned out to be a collapsed vertebrae in my neck (C5/6)- this was a Monday. Called my GP on Tuesday and she ordered an MRI on the cervical part of my neck. MRI was on Wednesday and results got to my GP on Friday morning. She called me and said I needed to go into a neurosurgeon. I called Dr. Lindley's office and the receptionist asked for the MRI report. I told her where the MRI had been performed. They called the MRI facility and within an hour called me back and set up an appointment on the following Monday. I got in to see Dr. Lindley with a limited wait. We reviewed the scans together, my husband too, and discussed practical options. I had already gone to physical therapy for the neck discomfort (12-18 months earlier) and continued to do the exercises and stretches daily. Surgery was the best option for me. The nerve pain since the vertebrae collapse was increasing and I was unable to work, type, etc. The pain was accompanied by increasing neuropathy in my left hand. The office handled the insurance claim, etc and I did pay $500 the day of surgery and budgeted for the remaining balance. The day of surgery I was at the on site surgery center a bit before 6 am, my procedure was scheduled for around 8-9 and it was on time. When I woke up I was pain free. I don't even recall surgical type discomfort. I went home and slept in my own bed! The surgery center called my husband that evening to check on me and again the next morning. Wednesday following the procedure I got violently ill from the anesthesia and they quickly called in medication. On my follow up appointments (I had 2) I met with the PA who was warm and genuinely interested in my discomfort (there was none) and overall wellbeing. Dr. Lindley's skill and conservative approach to my problem drastically improved my life. I can honestly recommend Dr. Lindley without reservation. ps- waiting room furniture is quite uncomfortable!

He is a wonderful doctor!

Terrible office response

You can call many times & leave a voice mail & they never return your call. They tell you they need to ck on stuff & they will let you know----only to NEVER get back to you. Dr Lindley is good, but his ofc staff & after care is virtually non-existant !! They just leave you hanging to fend for yourself & do the best you can. Thye just dont care & seem to not know how to do their job !!!

After Care

After my husbands surgery he lost use of his right arm. We were told that this was possibly due to swelling and the use would come back. It has been one year to date and still unable to use the arm. After the surgery he explained to us that it must be the mysterious Root 5 syndrome. Can;t find any info on this. The Doctor suggested that he could go back into his neck and see what the problem was. We opted not to have immediate surgery again. This week alone my husband has called the office and left 4 messages to have a MRI done and no one has returned our call. Great getting in but once they have your money good luck. We spent on the average 2 to 3 hours per appointment sitting in the waiting room. Overbooks patients

Dr. James G Lindley Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bluffton, SC.