Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Lisi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James E Lisi has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Dr. James E Lisi has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James E Lisi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
WENT TO SEE DR LISI WAITED FOR OVER AN HOUR IN HIS OFFICE JUST TO BE TOLD HE WAS AT THE HOSPITAL HAD AN EMERGENCY AND WANT TO KNOW IF I JUST WANTED TO SCHEDULE MY PROCEDURE WHICH I DID AS I WENT TO THE SIDE OF THE OFFICE TO SCHEDUEL I NOTICE AND MAN SOUND A SLEEP AT HIS DESK I ASK WHO HE WAS AND IF HE WAS OK AND WAS TOLD HE WAS THE OFFICE MANAGER AND DR LISI'S FATHER HOW UNPROFESSIONAL TO SEE SOMEONE SOUND ASLEEP AT THER DESK IF YOUR THAT TIRED YOU NEED TO STAY HOME AND RETIRE.
This was my first time seeing Dr Lisi. I was very impressed with the professionalism of his receptionist. She was very nice. Dr lisi was very professional patient and kind, He explained everything in detail and listened to all of my questions. Once I left his office I was very happy with the out come of my appointment. I would refer my family and friends to Dr Lisi. Keep up the good work Dr Lisi.
Very disappointed with my entire experience with this doctor and his staff. After my initial appointment which took 2 months to get in to, two procedures, and three prescriptions later, I am still in the same amount of discomfort as I was before. No follow through from the doc and the office staff seems clueless. Doctor is pleasant to speak with, but very hard to get in to see or receive a return phone call from. I was having problems after my procedure and it took three phone calls from me and 7 entire days to get an answer from the doctor as to what I should do. Giving him one more chance or I'll be looking for a new doctor.
29 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. James E Lisi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
Locations & DirectionsNorth Coast Gastroenterology, 125 E Broad St Ste 114, Elyria, OH
Dr. James E Lisi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elyria, OH.