Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James A Lu
Dr. James A Lu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shreveport, LA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lu is affiliated with Willis-Knighton South & The Center for Women's Health. He speaks English.
Dr. James A Lu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
This Dr. James Lu just didn't appear to listen to me at all. I felt that my appointment was made and kept for two reasons. To help pay his expenses and help raise his income. He appears to be processing patients through his office just so he can charge them for his so called "services".He offered no insight in response to my issues. None! He hardly spoke to me at all other than to say hello and ask me why was visiting him that day. He offerred no help at all. I have since seen two other doctors about my problems. One doctor diagnosed me with a serious problem and offerred surgery as a needed outcome. No doctor knew about either of the others. However, the second two doctors independently came to the same conclusions which will lead me to surgery. The second two doctors both stated that my problem would most likely lead to an early death if left untreated. Where would I be if I had accepted Dr. Lu's lack of treatment or care. How many people have died because they trusted Dr. Lu?
Dr. Lu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. James A Lu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRyan Head MD, 1501 Kings Hwy, Shreveport, LA
Dr. James A Lu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.