Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James M Andrews has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. James M Andrews has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 7
Could not recommend him more highly.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Andrews - Posted on August 21st, 2018
I have been seeing Dr Andrews for a number of years. He is compassionate, knowledgeable and practical. I could not recommend him more highly.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Andrews - Posted on February 19th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Andrews - Posted on November 22nd, 2014
Dr. Andrews is an excellent psychiatrist. He is patient, kind, and excellent at his trade. He is compassionate and seeks to understand his patients' needs at every appointment. I respect and appreciate that he returns his pages and personally calls me to ask how I am doing and to help with medication questions. I have referred several friends and colleagues to Dr. Andrews and each has been thrilled to have formed an ongoing patient-provider relationship with Dr. Andrews. Look no further - he is one of the best psychiatrists around.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Andrews - Posted on February 5th, 2011
The Best Psychiatrist I have ever seen
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Andrews - Posted on December 10th, 2010
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Andrews is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. James M Andrews Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. James M Andrews's office for more information.
3520 Piedmont Rd NE Ste 330 Atlanta, GA : (404) 351-2008
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. James M Andrews is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.