More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James M Craven MD
Dr. James M Craven, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ormond Beach, FL. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Otolaryngology and Pediatrics. He speaks English.
Dr. James M Craven has the following 2 specialties
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. James M Craven has the following 9 expertise
- Deviated Septum
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Swallowing Disorders
- Hearing Loss
- Smell Disorders
- Facial Trauma
Dr. James M Craven is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Craven - Posted on October 19th, 2017
I trust this Dr with my life
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Craven - Posted on September 8th, 2016
Excellent diagnostician who is there to serve his patients not pick their pockets. Operates on the first do no harm principle. Very thorough and observant. Asks salient questions. Makes sure he has complete picture of problem and takes time to explain what he is going to do and why he's going to do it. A true professional who instills confidence and trust.
Un-Professional Staff .........Waste Of Time ......
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Craven - Posted on April 1st, 2016
Waited Six Weeks For Appointment, Arrived 35 Minutes Early Only To Be Told That The DR. Had A Emergency. No Call And Tried To Reschedule Me For TWO Weeks Out. But They Knew Enough To Call Me A Week Prior To The Appointment To Inform Me That If I Missed The Appointment I Would Be Billed For Missing It And To Have My Medicine List And Insurance Card. I Plan On Billing Dr. Craven For My Time Missed I Own A Business And Have Never Seen Such Inept Staff.. Avoid This Dr. By All Means.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Craven - Posted on May 23rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Craven - Posted on April 21st, 2015
33 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Cincinnati Medical Center
Dr. James M Craven Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Volusia HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCOASTAL EAR NOSE AND THROAT, 1050 W Granada Blvd Ste 4, Ormond Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James M Craven, MD - Otolaryngology in Ormond Beach, FL, in this video.
Dr. James M Craven is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ormond Beach, FL.