Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James M Kern has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
always rushed. Makes me wait even more than one hour sometimes. His reception staff are RUDE!. I was asked to reschedule an appt for being 12 minutes late!! He doesn't want to examine me; does not want to order basic labs that are pertinent to my c/o and medical history. He actually holds the doorknob to gesture he is rushed and ready to leave within FIVE minutes. I've never had a provider like him. I also suspect he coached his medical assistant to knock on the door and tell me they need him so he can terminate the appointment sooner than supposed to. He then has nerve to bill me for a 40 minute visit! I am going to report him big time- to Providence, to the OR board of medical examiners and to whatever medical society he belongs to. I am a middle aged healthy male with few health issues; not a drug seeker and have no mental health problems of any kind. Yet he treats me as if I am scum. His bedside manner stinks. Maybe he is just getting old; he should consider retiring- SOON.
Dr. Kern is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1976
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. James M Kern accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Kaiser Permanente
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Medical Group Northeast, 5050 NE Hoyt St Ste 540, Portland, OR
Dr. James M Kern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.