Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James M Mcgee has the following 1 specialty
Dr. James M Mcgee has the following 2 expertise
- Lung Cancer
Dr. James M Mcgee has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
My father in law had surgery to remove his gallbladder. Dr McGee saw that his gallbladder was very infected and had to open him up. The gallbladder ruptured during removal spilling into his abdominal cavity. Dr McGee cleaned him out. I was very impressed with his demeanor, follow up care, and the fact that he prayed with us before surgery.
Dr. McGee has now performed multiple surgeries on me for an emergency health problem that continues to worsen. Initially I was very taken with his aggressive plan for my care, as well as his upbeat personality. However, in two months' time my health has gone from nearly impeccable to very compromised and despite my continual questions about the progression of the disease and severity of symptoms, he has become consistently ambiguous and brief during visits, failing to answer any of my questions. I would never recommend him to a friend; his care has been borderline negligent.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mcgee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. James M Mcgee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James M Mcgee in this video.
Dr. James M Mcgee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.