Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James Mitchell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 16
Always approachable. Returns calls quickly. Strong patient advocate. Sometimes didn't charge for follow-ups. He would see us without having to check-in or wait for simple wound checks or blood pressures. He has not been working the past several months although there are two recent reviews in 2017 where he was given a "1" rating.
It is a great loss that Dr. Mitchell left the field of medicine. He was a medical doctor that truly cared about his patients. He was involved in the care of my parents, myself and my children. He was always friendly, gave us his full attention, and always called to follow up; something rare in modern medicine. When he was oncall we could always count on him to call us and give us the right information on what to do. He would treat his patients like family. He would always want to know how our lives and families were doing. Not sure why he decided to leave the call of medicine but his patients really loved him.
Dr. Mitchell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Abrazo Scottsdale Campus
17 Years Experience
Graduated in 1996
Dr. James Mitchell accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames M Mitchell MD, 3732 E Poinsettia Dr, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. James Mitchell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.