Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Smith
Dr. James Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Trenton, NJ, with another office in Ewing, NJ. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with St Francis Medical Center, Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Shands at UF. He speaks English.
Dr. James Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I've been waiting a long time to tell my story. Many years ago my mother went to J.Michael Smith with symptoms of drastic weight loss, back pain and inability to eat and digest food. After several visits including one of which mother was laying on the floor of his office, he told her to see a psychiatrist. I wish it really was "in her head". She died 9 months later of pancreatic cancer.
Dr Smith and I go back a long way (20+ yrs). And if he wasn't the doctor that he is, our doctor-patient relationship would not have lasted this long. He's always pleasant and smiling, and takes the time to listen to you and your point of view in those rare times that you happen to disagree with something that he says. Soft-spoken and kind, I have recommended him to my family and we all agree -- he's Simply the Best!
Caring,knowledgeable,keeps updated in his field,tender, thorough, family-oriented,likes "detail" of his work.Considerate, respectful, great at patient-teaching and medical knowledge. Humor is unique and like his perceptions on situations.I'm sure glad to have him for our medical caregiver physician. We feel blessed for such a fine person.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Shands at UF
40 Years Experience
Graduated in 1975
Dr. James Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Amerihealth Local Value Network
- Amerihealth Regional Preferred
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Smith in this video.
Dr. James Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Trenton, NJ.