Dr. James Spencer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Spencer?

Fillers nightmare

Posted on May 31st, 2016

I don't recommend seeing Dr. J Spencer for fillers, especially if it's your fist time. I didn't a lot about fillers, so the nurse explained how the process worked at a very high level. Everything seemed easy, especially the care credit for payments. They gave me a bunch of papers to sign and then the nurse asked me what filler I wanted and I said that I didn't know which one was best for me. She recommended the "Perlaine" which was similar to "Juvederm" and for the same price: $550. Dr. Spencer came in the room for about 5 minutes and used one syringe for 6 applications 4 around the nought & 1 on my both checks. I noticed he did not measure or even clean the area before applying the product on my face. After 2 days I got back there were nodules in each of the areas he applied the fillers. I went back to his office and let him know about the issue, and he massaged the spots and recommended that I did the same at home. Not even 2 months later, I noticed the fillers' effect was already gone in the area around my mouth where the product was applied. The skin around my mouth went back to looking the same, but oddly, I noticed my left side was deeper than the right side. It seemed that the fillers only worked on the right side around my mouth, so the nightmare continued. I went back to the office to let Dr. Spencer know about the second issue I was having and, he told me it would cost me an extra $200 for more fillers. He said my body absorbed the fillers too soon. I told him I did not agree and that he had to make sure both side looked the same at no charge. I read the papers that I signed & by signing it I agreed to "the possibility of imperfections and that the results might not meet my expectations or goals". They knew I couldn't fight the fact that my the service's results didn't go as expected. In addition, Dr. Spencer said he was going to put me on the list to participate on a Demo with the product's company so they could do demonstrations with new fillers for me to get the fillers for free. I trusted him because my friend hightly recommended as the best of Tmapa Bay. After all of this I talked to an attorney and he advised me not to go back to fix the problem nor the "demonstration" fillers as Dr. Spencer could make it worse. I never got a phone call from the office after that, and I just finished making my payments for the treatment I was definitely not satisfied with. Now, I look in the mirror and I see what a nice job he did on me I have around my nought one side deeper than the other. (Damage) Hope this review helps other people.

The Greatest Yet

Posted on August 14th, 2013

I have been to see Dr. Spencer for medical and cosmetic purposes. I think that he is wonderful. Very kind, compassionate and courteous. I did not care too much for his nurse this last time that I was there (short spanish looking lady). She is not very personable. Other than that, everyone else was so friendly and helpful.

Botox pusher

Posted on July 23rd, 2013

I went to Dr Spencer because I heard he was one of the best. His bedside manner is terrible. I am 30 years old now, but was 28 when I first started seeing him. He told me that my forehead looked worse than his and that I needed Botox. This continued for my next three visits until I finally decided to find another doctor. He may be great at medicine, but my self esteem was crushed after each visit. The last time the nurse even apologized for him since she could see I was on the verge of tears.

Posted on December 1st, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Spencer for several years. He is exceptionally well qualified and I have found his "bedside manner" to be wonderful- calming and attentive. The services I have received from him have been top notch. Also, I appreciate that he will not try to oversell me. If he thinks I don't need a product/procedure, or if he feels a different one will be more beneficial, he gently lets me know. I feel confident I will never walk out of Dr. Spencer's office with something I don't need. That said, some products or procedures don't work as well on one person as on another. Sometimes the only way to tell is to try. My teenager experienced this with acne treatments. We started with the least invasive and moved up as necessary. I feel this was a completely appropriate and safe method of treatment. (My son's skin looks great now, thanks to Scott)I (or my family members) have also seen other members of his staff. Each time we have received excellent care. I have recommended Dr.Spencer to several friends and each has become a happy patient.

Posted on June 2nd, 2011

Everytime I have been in the office, the staff has been friendly and warm. I researched dermatologists before I chose a doctor and Dr. Spencer is very well regarded. My care has been great and I happily return for all my skin care needs.

32 stars!

Posted on May 17th, 2011

I have been there several times, and been very disappointed. His assistant Scott has been Dr during my visit, and again, I never get results. I just go in pay my big deductable, and I get no results. You can hear everything between the walls. Would I recommend? Maybe, but if you have an alternative, use it. 2 out of 4 starts!

Posted on July 8th, 2010

His staff is horrible. They always have diffents nurses/techs. The nurse/tech that took me to my room was rude (short spanish lady) , and I could hear her talk about my condition with people out side my exam room. I will never go back there again.

Posted on April 27th, 2010

wonderful doctor and excellent staff.

Posted on April 27th, 2010

my husband and I rate this doctor in the top category. the staff is one of the best we have encounted. His credentials are excellent.

Posted on May 31st, 2016