Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Wells Jr
Dr. James Wells Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mechanicsville, VA, with another office in Richmond, VA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Wells is affiliated with Retreat Hospital, Henrico Doctors' Hospital and Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital. Dr. Wells has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James Wells Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. James Wells Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wells is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henrico Doctors' Hospital
Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital
VCU Health System
Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
Henrico Doctors' Hospital - Parham Campus
St. Mary's Hospital of Richmond
Bon Secours St. Mary`s Hospital
Bon Secours Hospital
Medical College Of Virginia Ho, Richmond, Va
Medical College of Virginia
St. Mary`s Hospital
VCU Health Center & MCV Hospital and Physicians
St. Mary's Hospital
44 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Wells Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mechanicsville, VA.