Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James A Macer has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. James A Macer has the following 13 expertise
- Breast Cancer
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Dr. James A Macer has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. James A Macer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
When I knew I was pregnant, I was searching for woman doctor but had hard time finding someone who is available and caring. I went to see Dr. Macer's, based on somebody recommendation, and I was very nervous and concerned. From first visit I felt very comfortable with his personality and bedside manner. He is an amazing, trustworthy and knowledgeable physician. He took care of me during the pregnancy and he did his efforts to be available at time of delivery. I felt very comfortable, relaxed and safe with his care. I had very successful and uneventful pregnancy, thanks to him. He was always available, caring and answered all my questions. He has outstanding bed side manner. I and my husband are both doctors and we know how to judge physicians pretty well. We found him to be the best of the best and we were lucky to have him. If I am pregnant again, I will go to him with no hesitation.
I drive 1 hour and fifteen minutes to see this doctor. Why? He saaved my life and that of my 8 week premature daughter.He is the most caring, concerned,up to date,compassionate doctor I have ever met,and if I had to drive 5 hours I would.He is simply the BEST,and so are the other doctors in his office. Love them and their staff
Dr Macer is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever met. His demeanor is warm and friendly. He has always treated me with respect and has never rushed through the appointment. Explains everything until he is certain that I understand what he is saying to me. The entire office staff are absolutely wonderful and show the same level of caring as Dr Macer.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Macer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1979
Lac Usc Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUsc Pasadena Ob/Gyn, 10 Congress St Ste 400, Pasadena, CA
Dr. James A Macer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.