Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Malcolm has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. James R Malcolm has the following 9 expertise
- Spinal Fractures
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Stenosis
Dr. James R Malcolm is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
Talked about replacing disc. Asked about recovery, his response was I had a women I operated on that was back to work in a couple of days. Made the operation seem like a breeze. Look the operation up see what the recovery time really is. He is very personable I really liked his bedside manor just not honest about surgery.
Dr. Malcom has done four major back surgeries on me. I even had complications after my third (not related to his surgery) and ended up being on a ventilator for 10 days in a coma. Being a single mother and my oldest was 18, it was very scary for my children... Dr. Malcom prayed with my children and was there for them and I will always be thankful.. not only is he a educated surgeon, he also has a wonderful bedside manor.
He damaged my spine in surgery, paralyzed my left leg, fractured two levels of my spine and did not tell me. I had to go to other doctors to learn the extent of my injuries from surgery. He needs to retire. I was in the hospital and in-patient rehab for months, when he told me I would be home within 10 days. Post operatively, two years later, my pain is 5 times worse than before surgery. I am mostly bed bound now and prior to surgery was an industry executive. He would never answer my questions with a straight answer and from visit to visit would contradict himself. He also showed no specific interest in helping me, and would call my husband unsolicited but never return my call. That is as simple as I can describe my experience.
Dr. Malcolm is a very kind person and to top him off he is an excellent surgeon. Well worth the long office wait.60
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. James R Malcolm accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Malcolm in this video.
Dr. James R Malcolm is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stockbridge, GA.