Dr. James Malcolm Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Malcolm?

Wonderful Dr.

Posted on October 3rd, 2017

Dr. Malcolm has operated on me four times. He is an excellent surgeon. One of the best I've ever known. He gets my five stars.

He may be a good surgeon but I did not think he was honest.

Posted on July 27th, 2017

Talked about replacing disc. Asked about recovery, his response was I had a women I operated on that was back to work in a couple of days. Made the operation seem like a breeze. Look the operation up see what the recovery time really is. He is very personable I really liked his bedside manor just not honest about surgery.

Awesome physician!

Posted on July 12th, 2017

Dr. Malcom has done four major back surgeries on me. I even had complications after my third (not related to his surgery) and ended up being on a ventilator for 10 days in a coma. Being a single mother and my oldest was 18, it was very scary for my children... Dr. Malcom prayed with my children and was there for them and I will always be thankful.. not only is he a educated surgeon, he also has a wonderful bedside manor.

He injured me horribly and left me disabled

Posted on June 27th, 2017

He damaged my spine in surgery, paralyzed my left leg, fractured two levels of my spine and did not tell me. I had to go to other doctors to learn the extent of my injuries from surgery. He needs to retire. I was in the hospital and in-patient rehab for months, when he told me I would be home within 10 days. Post operatively, two years later, my pain is 5 times worse than before surgery. I am mostly bed bound now and prior to surgery was an industry executive. He would never answer my questions with a straight answer and from visit to visit would contradict himself. He also showed no specific interest in helping me, and would call my husband unsolicited but never return my call. That is as simple as I can describe my experience.

Interbody spinal fusion

Posted on May 13th, 2017

Dr. Malcolm is a very kind person and to top him off he is an excellent surgeon. Well worth the long office wait.60

Best surgeon and all around nice guy!! Love him!!

Posted on December 31st, 2015

Best surgeon! Great all around!! Very pleased with my surgery outcome! He is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor!! Would highly recommend!!

Back Injury from Ice Storm

Posted on June 18th, 2014

I work in the WellStar System and truly believe in all the doctors at Pinnacle Orth.. The staff are very polite including Dr Malcom. Waiting for long time for appt is truly worth it, when it comes to being with the most TOP Notch doctor for back,neck and head traumas. He is listed as one of the best out of 10 for this area on backs,necks, and head orthopedic specialist. I have used many of the doctors at Pinnacle Ortho.while raising my children including handicapped child and two football playing sons and myself with injuries...Dr Malcom's sense of humor is well in being in place at visits...Just wished, I could have met the dog! I highly recommend this doctor and others from Pinnacle as I have seen nearly all of them over 40 years!

My surgery experience

Posted on January 8th, 2014

The office has gone thru some major changes with the loss of two of their physicians assistants but completely unacceptable the follow up care I received after surgery. Post Op appointment seemed very rushed and he did not address my issues to my satisfaction. Would not use Dr. Malcolm again even though I feel he is a great surgeon.

I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Malcomb!

Posted on September 8th, 2012

I am going on my 4th surgery (my 2nd with Dr. Malcomb) I have been using this group of Dr's since 2003. He and his PA are extraordinary and listen to my hurts/needs. He always addresses every area of concern and does anything he can to ease the pain. His assistant has taken time out of HER personal time to actually email me when I was freaking out over financial situation and surgery and reassured me things would be fine. so from the previous comment about his staff being rude....I DON'T GET THAT! they are VERY VERY kind and about the dog in the office, obviously that comment was from a non-dog lover. The dog is so gentle and petting and if you haven't read...ANIMALS are VERY HELPFUL in the healing process and I kinda think it's kewl that his big ole lovey teddy bear dog comes up to you so you can pet it! He, Mike, Leslie, Melissa are AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME as is the front office staff....the only ones I ever have problems with returning calls are the patient accounts folks but I am sure in a busy office as theres they are just simply busy...Dr Malcomb is one of THE MOST sought after spine surgeons in the area and I trust him completely. He will be performing surgery on me Mon, Sept 10, 2012 and I know he will do fantastic!! KUDOS Doc M ... (Mike, Melissa, and Leslie too!!!!)

Be Careful

Posted on August 28th, 2012

He performed a fusion on me. Screws are broken. Office staff is rude. His personal assistant won't return calls at all. Had complications after surgery and had to go to another doctor for treatment!! Could not get through to his office!

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

I love the time he spends with you. Makes the wait worth it!

Posted on April 7th, 2012

Excellent medically and outstanding bedside manner. Highly recommend this fine doctor. Little difficult to get an appointment because he is so sought after!