Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James B Martel
Dr. James B Martel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rancho Cordova, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Martel is affiliated with Mercy General Hospital, Sutter Davis Hospital and Mercy San Juan Medical Center. Dr. Martel has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James B Martel has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. James B Martel has the following 10 expertise
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
Dr. James B Martel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
i WOULD LOVE TO DELETE MY PRIOR POST. i HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE IN THE OFFICE. i CALLED THE NEXT DAY AND SPOKE WITH THE OFFICE MANAGER. sHE WAS VERY HELPFUL IN GETTING EVERYTHING SMOOTHED OUT AND i WAS ABLE TO SEE DR MARTEL AGAIN. hE ASSURED ME THAT THIS WAS A HORRIBLE MISUNDERSTANDING AND MY EYE HEALTH WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT TO HIM. i WISH i COULD HAVE SPOKE TO HIM BEFORE i WROTE MY PRIOR REVIEW. i AM SORRY AND HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR. hE KNOWS HIS STUFF MAYBE NEEDS A LITTLE HELP IN THE FRONT OFFICE. MY CONTINUED VISION IS WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT TO ME AND YES YOU WILL WAIT BUT THAT IS BECAUSE HE IS SO GOOD AND EVERYONE WANTS TO GET IN TO SEE HIM. HE TOLD ME NEXT TIME i HAVE A PROBLEM LIKE THIS WAS TO CALL IN AND DIRECTLY TALK TO HIM WITH i NICE HUG IN THE END. HE DEFINITELY IS A COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR AND CARES TOTALLY ABOUT THE EYE ISSUES. i WAS TOTALLY BLIND IN MY RIGHT EYE AND NOW i CAN SEE AGAIN. WHAT MORE CAN A PATIENT ASK FOR.
Wonderful doctor who really cares about his patients. He stayed until after 8 pm to perform emergency procedures numerous times.
My family and I have been patients of Dr. Martel's for almost 10 years. Our first experience was with our softball playing daughter who had lost the vision in one eye during a game (on a Saturday). We didn't know who to call, but through the yellow pages found Dr. Martel. They took us in right away. I can't say enough about Dr. Martel----he is brilliant, compassionate, spends as much time as needed with us and explains EVERYTHING. It's so obvious he loves what he does. His office is excellent in all that they do. I would definitely recommend Dr. Martel to everyone I know.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Martel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1981
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. James B Martel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMartel Eye Medical Group, 11216 Trinity River Dr Ste H, Rancho Cordova, CA
Dr. James B Martel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Cordova, CA.