Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James K Matheson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. James K Matheson has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
Dr. James K Matheson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 49
Dr. Matheson was my doctor for my successful pregnancy. He was GREAT. I had a miscarriage a few years prior and that doctor seemed to not care at all. Dr. Matheson joked along with me, comforted me, and pretty did anything I needed to ensure that my baby and my self were good. I love him and wish he did more than just OBGYN. I would never go to anyone else!
There are no words to describe how great Dr. Matheson is: he is caring, thorough, professional, takes all the time you need, explains things in a way you understand, has a good sense of humor, and is a genuinely good man. He performed a hysterectomy on me and did a great job. I don't know if he realizes that the girls at the front window are not friendly and don't seem professional in how they treat his patients at the desk. They can leave you standing for up to 10 minutes at the window without acknowledging you. I overlook that because he is such a superb doctor.
I think Dr. Matheson is a GREAT doctor! I'm overweight and have had pregnancy losses, so I've seen some awful doctors. Dr. Matheson really takes the time to explain to you and make sure you understand and I really appreciate that. Some staff, like with any other public place, are more pleasant than others, but I have personally never had any issues. They all seem to have a goal in mind: taking care of you and baby. I would highly recommend Dr. Matheson to ANYONE I know because he is just such a good person. I read the reviews of him (and his staff) online, and decided to give it a shot. All of the positive reviews, for me, absolutely were true. He has a great bedside manner, sense of humor and understanding that WE, the patients, ARE NOT DOCTORS. Please, see for yourself!
Dr. Matheson is a great Dr. He's very clear in explaining so I understand everything he's doing, finds or what needs to be done next. He has operated on me as well and everything was perfect. His follow up care is excellent!!! You will not go wrong with this doctor in my opinion. I trust him with my life!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
34 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. James K Matheson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRiver Of Light, 4560 Liberty Ave, Vermilion, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James K Matheson in this video.
Dr. James K Matheson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vermilion, OH.