Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James W Maxey has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I went to Dr. Maxey many years ago for back pain. I was only 24 at the time, now I am in my 30's. When he was asking me when my back felt best and I explained when I was lying flat he replied, "well Morgan we all feel better lying down." When my parents came into the room to discuss what he thought was the trouble my mother, being concerned, asked a question and he sighed and said that "I feel like I have just wasted my time". I couldn't believe it and I thought my father was going to hit him. He disregarded my back pain but did recommend an MRI. The results of that showed Degenerative Disc Disease and scoliosis. I went to physical therapy but not with him. I have interest in dealing with his unprofessionalism again.
dr maxey is one odd duck. if you can get past that he was very good to me after a significant injury. i am grateful for the excellent care i received
33 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Wayne State University
Dr. James W Maxey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James W Maxey in this video.
Dr. James W Maxey is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Peoria, IL.