Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Mays Sr
Dr. James Mays Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mays is affiliated with Bellflower Medical Center, Pacific Alliance Medical Center and California Hospital Med Ctr. He speaks English.
Dr. James Mays Sr has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Mays is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bellflower Medical Center
Pacific Alliance Medical Center
California Hospital Med Ctr
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
48 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Queen Of Angels Medical Center
Dr. James Mays Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions8915 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. James Mays Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.