Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Mcatee has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
He is excellent, I have seen him twice, he is very personable and knowledgeable, I went to him for a lower spine problem regarding what if anything could be done. He questioned my closely, did an MRI and after examining the MRI, we discussed the severity of the pain I'm having. I explained that it fairly bad especially at night when prone, but that if it could not be corrected, then I wouldn't "die" from the pain but that I am on pain meds. So he explained that it definitely could be corrected, however in my case, it would be an 8 hour surgery and that it was not advisable due to my advanced age because at 80 he felt that there was a good possibility that I could not survive that long a surgery. I do however have an appointment with hip for having a knee replacement. I greatly appreciate his directness and honesty. He is straight forward, he tells it like it is. He reminds me of my family physician that was my Dr. from 1957 until 2000, with his knowledge, his manner, and his honesty. He hasn't operated on me but I've no doubt that his bedside manner is fine. Office wait time 5 - 8 minutes
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
25 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine
Dr. James R Mcatee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Sports Medicine Center, 1600 Charles Pl, Manhattan, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Mcatee in this video.
Dr. James R Mcatee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manhattan, KS.