Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About James McClurg
James McClurg is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. They speak English.
Showing 5 of 12
My first visit to the office - I was there over 3 hours. When I made my 2nd appointment, I told them I had to be out of there by a certain time and they promised I would be. However, I was there almost an hour without being seen. When I spoke to the office manager about it, he said "that's the way the doctor wants it." And when I emailed the doctor about the delays, his only answer was "your expectations are too high." He may be a good doctor but he has no respect for his patients' time.
I'll make it short and sweet- Dr. McClurg won me over just minutes after walking in the room. He took his time, he heard me out, and I had a LOT to say. My pain was constant and draining me emotionally and when he asked me how it was affecting my life, the look on his face was one of TRUE caring and sympathy. He has seen countless patients worse than me, but he made me feel like I was the only patient on his list. I wont go in to detail, but he performed a small procedure on me and that instantly relieved 99% of the pain. I almost had tears in my eyes and I could see that he was JUST AS HAPPY about it- not because of him having another success, but because I was so over joyed. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found him and I suggest you go for yourself.Thank you Dr. McClurg!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr McClurg treated me for Hallux Rigidus around 1993 when he was in Escondido. The weight of a sheet would literally make me scream at night prior to surgery. I cannot begin to describe how painful this condition was.I now have a 3/8" shorter RH big toe. It is bone-to-bone as Dr McClurg removed the entire toe joint. I have full movement and have had no issues whatsoever, even on 10 mile hikes.The procedure was so successful that I walk without limping and have had no pain since the incision healed years ago.This is an outstanding Surgeon. I recommend him without reservation. You can trust him and I somehow felt like family after a few visits--and I still do over 15 years later! I cannot speak highly enough of Dr McClurg. He made a huge difference in my life.His name somehow popped up on an unrelated search a few minutes ago, soI did another search to find someplace to comment.I will never forget how kind and skillful this man is. He has my eternal gratitude and respect.Thank you, Doctor!
James McClurg accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions7485 Mission Valley Rd, San Diego, CA
James McClurg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.