Dr. James T Mccormick Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James T Mccormick?

Poor;

Leaves everything up to residents; when in for minor surgery left with a disaster and a very long hospitalization, would not recommend him to anyone. Nurses even complain about leaving everything up to residents Tone

A different experience

I was admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery and feel very fortunate that Dr. McCormick was assigned to me and that I went to Allegheny General Hospital for care. This was my first experience with this health care system and I find it superior to UPMC. This is a patient not profit centered health care system. Dr. McCormick was consistently caring and accurate in his diagnosis of my condition. He always asked me if I had any questions, provided me with clear and concrete answers and would not leave the examining room until he was sure that he had answered all my questions. He is a teaching doctor and I always had positive experiences with his residents. His office staff is great. Any time I called his answering service after hours, I received a call from the on call doctor within 10 minutes. I had very positive experiences with all the hospital staff I encountered through four hospitalizations. I responded much quicker to treatment than was expected and believe that this was due to the excellent care that I received. I have an elderly mother and the hospital staff was very kind and considerate toward her. As a result of my experience, I have switched my health care to the Allegheny Health Care System

Rectal surgery in elderly male

Dr. McCormick is very bright, highly competent surgeon, who requires pre surgical testing to determine, not only the size and location of the tumor, but the patient's overall health (heart, lungs, existing medical issues) to identify any problems that could compromise the surgery. He describes the surgery in detail enabling the patient to understand the method and the outcome. He has a down to earth attitude and a sense of humor that make him approachable and easy to understand, He does not present the "I Am God" personality that is occasionally seen in physicians who are specialized. Many of his patients are elderly and he is respectful, courteous and recognizes that although, they now are old, that they have lived productive lives.

The office staff were kind and friendly. Before the surgery Dr. McCormick spent a long time with me and my family, until he was sure we were comfortable. The surgery went very well. I was only in the hospital a few days.

I've seen Dr. McCormick for a rectocele, in which the surgery went well, but six months later I was back in his office because he corrected the rectocele some but I still suffered with a moderate rectocele. When I went for a decacography test the second time I found out that I not only still had a rectocele but an enterocele as well. Therefore, he told me to get the enterocele taken care of first, then deal with rectocele. The Gynecologist repaired the enterocele at that time and a few months later, ended up doing my rectocele as well. Almost 2 years has past and I have returned to him with evacuation issues again and upon another test found out that I have a large enterocele; whereupon, Dr. McCormick referred me to a gastrointestenal doctor who has referred me to a different gynecologist. There was never a follow-up appointment after the test with Dr. McCormick nor did he speak to me about the test results. I spoke aver the phone with his office emploee and felt slighted and disappointed in him.