Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Mcmonagle has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James R Mcmonagle has the following 12 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 14
I went in for thyroid evaluation, having had problems and been on medication of different varieties for a number of years. To evaluate the functioning of my thyroid, Dr. McMonagle did not even order a thyroid panel for me. Only one test, which I have since found out is not even close to what he should have done. I have since found a much more thorough physician.
I've been seeing him for about 13 years now and he is always so very kind and genuinely cares about you. He is truly a gem! His staff is always friendly and remembers me and my children and asks how they are doing every time. The only disadvantage is the lack of technology in the office. Everything is hand written...charts and scheduling with pen and paper. No computers. The doctor is very thorough and efficient even with the lack of computers. Always a nice experience.
Dr. McMonagle spent the time to thoroughly evaluate and diagnose my condition. I have been to several endocrinologists, none of which were able to figure out what was going on. Dr. McMonagle was able to put the pieces together and figure things out (He found what the other doctors had overlooked). Not only is he sharp, he is courteous and cares about doing the right thing for his patients. He also takes the time to explain.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
43 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Ucsd Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUc Davis Medical Group, 4150 V St, Sacramento, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Mcmonagle in this video.
Dr. James R Mcmonagle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.