Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Mcsweeney has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. James E Mcsweeney has the following 16 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. James E Mcsweeney has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James E Mcsweeney is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
When I found myself for the first time in my life in severe pain for over 17 months, had many evaluations, Dr. Sweeney took my case, did Shoulder surgery and found a substantial injury no one could see iin Imaging, When you need help this is the Dr You want. medical care is more than just seeing a problem through imaging. He is the only Dr. I felt really believed me and the pain.
After months of working mostly with his PA we decided to operate on my knee. At post op I asked to see doctor to get clarification on the surgery and outcomes. Once I questioned his decision Dr McSweeney became irritated, defensive, wouldn't let me talk or explain my concerns....I was in tears because of my frustration and he abruptly walked out of the room.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1981
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. James E Mcsweeney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames Edmund Mcsweeney Md Inc, 3704 Ruffin Rd, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James E Mcsweeney in this video.
Dr. James E Mcsweeney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.