Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James C Mcveety MD
Dr. James C Mcveety, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Haven, CT. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Mcveety is affiliated with Yale New Haven Hospital St Raphael Campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. James C Mcveety has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. James C Mcveety has the following 21 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Seizure Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Muscle Spasticity
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
Dr. James C Mcveety is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. James C Mcveety - Posted on October 23rd, 2014
Run dont walk away from this doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. James C Mcveety - Posted on March 13th, 2010
Excellent Doctor and Staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. James C Mcveety - Posted on March 7th, 2009
Dr, McVeety is an over all excellent doctor. Dr. McVeety is very concerned about his patients and their health. As with any doctor it may take more than one visit to diagnose a condition. He takes as much time as needed with his patients. I have personally spent over an hour with him on a routine follow up visit. I have never spent more than a few munutes in the waiting room. I have been a patient of his for over five years as suffer feom a chronic debilatating desease. I find his staff not only professional and courteous, but knowledgeable and friendly. I have never had a problem getting an appointment. If I need to see Dr. McVeety I get an appointment right away.As a person with multiple doctors I find Dr. McVeety and his staff above board on all levels. I am sorry to say that has not been my experience with all the medical professionals I have had to deal with since getting ill approx. 10 years ago. I am grateful for Dr McVeety and his wonderful caring staff.
Dr. Mcveety is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. James C Mcveety Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsYALE NEW HAVEN MEDICAL CENTER, 6 Devine St, North Haven, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James C Mcveety, MD - Neurology in North Haven, CT, in this video.
Dr. James C Mcveety is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Haven, CT.