Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James D Mickle Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
Coming off a year of continuing issues with my liver levels and an inability to regulate my cholesterol, my new primary care physician referred me to Dr. Mickle. He took a series of blood tests to not only report on my cholesterol levels, but to isolate why they were so high (e.g., diet, nature, etc.). With a combination treatment of a statin and Zetia, it is now under control with normal liver levels as well. Since he deals in cholesterol studies he spends time with you and also takes ultrasound measurements in critical areas such as the carotid arteries, heart vessels and vessels in the groin area to assess any build-ups. Very pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!!
43 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. James D Mickle Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames D Mickle Jr Md, 4 Calle Medico Ste C, Santa Fe, NM
Dr. James D Mickle Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Fe, NM.