Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James C Moy has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James C Moy has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. James C Moy has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James C Moy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Perhaps the wait is long and I can't say the ladies in the front are great, but this doctor has saved someone I love twice. I believe his experience allows him to know when to send someone to the ER. His style and how he does it may not be what I prefer or am used to, but because his read has been timed right and his diagnosis correct, a life was saved twice. Note that both times the ER advised that the patient would have died if he hadn't come in when he did.
I went to see Dr. James Moy. I had an appointment. His staff is rude and very unprofessional. All they want to know is whether you will pay cash. As for the doctor, I waited an hour and a half for him to see me. When I finally saw him, he spent the entire time answering his personal telephone calls. He barely even looked at me. I ended up wasting 3 hours for nothing. I finally went to another doctor.
Dr Moy is a excellent doctor, he carefully listens to patient when he or she talks and take care of his patient with respect and extreme care you don't see this around and hard to find a dr like this. his office is friendly. He is not one of those doctor who say a few words and tells the nurse to send in the next patient. He cares and that is important and what a patient wants when he is she is sick. The only drawback is long wait even with appointment and you have to climb lots of high steps (stair) to access the medical office which is hard for seniors and disabled. no elevator or escalator. highly recommend doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Moy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. James C Moy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames Cw Moy Md, 185 Canal St, New York, NY
Dr. James C Moy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.