Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James O Mullowney has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James O Mullowney has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. James O Mullowney has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 36
In the year that Dr. Mullowny was seeing me, I had two issues. One, "it looks like it MIGHT be _________" that was never addressed any further, as in, "we need to set you up to get a scan/MRI/sono to see what we're dealing with." Two, my blood pressure meds were running out, so I called to have a prescription called in, only to be told, "you're last visit was six months ago and the Dr needs to reevaluate you before he can call them in." Well, at the moment, I could either pay the office visit, which I really couldn't afford with the lab that he was going to do, or get my meds, which I told them. Their response was, "I'm sorry, but that's what he said." It's sad to think $130 is all my life is worth.
Dr. Mullowney is awesome! It is hard to find a doctor with such concern and personalism. He really cares about you as his patient. I have been seeing him for years along with my children. My children even love him. Whatever your problem he can help or refer you to someone who can. I highly recommend this doctor and his practice. I give him an A+.
Hey doc, I sure miss seeing your face in the ER. At least when I come in and you catch mu call, I know I am going to get the treatment I need. Your experience with your own son has helped me as well and made you a better doctor for it.So just saying thanks and I hope we never have to see one another again. lolBut, if we do than I know will be taken care of. Thanks Doc.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. James O Mullowney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Physician, 2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 108, Mesquite, TX
Dr. James O Mullowney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesquite, TX.