Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Jarvis
Dr. James Jarvis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY, with other offices in Oklahoma City, OK and Buffalo, NY (and 3 other locations). His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Jarvis is affiliated with Kaleida Health - Women's & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Kaleida Health - DeGraff Memorial Hospital and Kaleida Health - Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. Dr. Jarvis has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James Jarvis has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. James Jarvis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Jarvis is a wonderful doctor. His mannerism is perfect for the field of pediatric care. He put my daughter at ease with his playfulness without making me feel like he wasn't taking things seriously. He listened well to what we had to say, was thorough in examination and questions. He took the time and seemed to care that we really knew what was going on and where we were going with her care. I am working with a rheumatologist myself and I only wish it could have been him! Upon our first visit he gave me his number (not office number) and email and told me if I EVER had any questions I could call/email him!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Jarvis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaleida Health - Women's & Children's Hospital of Buffalo
Kaleida Health - DeGraff Memorial Hospital
Kaleida Health - Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
Kaleida Health - Buffalo General Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Jarvis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.