Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James N Parker has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. James N Parker has the following 1 expertise
Dr. James N Parker has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 2
I was scheduled for a hip replacement surgery and I was very nervous going in. Dr. Parker came to speak with me before my operation and he really succeeded in easing my fears! He is very personable, and clearly a very good anesthesiologist because the operation went off without a hitch! Thanks Dr. Parker!
Dr. Parker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Community Medical Center
Dr. James N Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsAnesthesia Servicies Medical Group, 3626 Ruffin Rd, San Diego, CA
Dr. James N Parker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.