Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Nakashima has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James J Nakashima has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. James J Nakashima has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Was my MD when he worked in Memphis, TN when first started college. Had been under the care of an orthopedist since mid-teens, had knee surgeries, ended up in knee braces for years, wrist splints, etc. I saw the orrtho's partner when my MD was out, and he reviewed my films. Though my MD had tested me for arthritis many times and the labs showed negative, the partner referred me to Dr. Nakashima, (who was a new MD just starting), as he said the films showed otherwise. Sure enough, he diagnosed me with seronegative RA and undifferentiated connective tissue disease (now known as fibromyalgia). He referred me to a different physical therapist - and within 6 weeks, I was out of knee braces after five years. I hate that he relocated. Granted over 30 years the diseases have progressed but he got me on the right track of knowing what was wrong. I've seen crap doctors since and currently have 2 great physicians, but I will always remember him. Thank you, Dr. Nakashima.
I've only seen this Dr. once and I really don't care to go back. He diagnosed me as having fibromyalgia (after I told him I had already been diagnosed with RA some 25 years ago). Reluctantly started me on methotrexate, stating that he was just going to have to take me off it when my lab test came back. My CCP came back as Strongly Positive so I guess I was right after all. Not a good visit. Looking for a new doc.
I was Dr. Nakashima's patient for 8 or 9 years....he is an outstanding Dr. with a great manner. He is caring, considerate and informative. He is very pleasant, and very thorough in his exams, and questions. His treatment was always current and relevant, which is not always the case elsewhere. All in all, he is one of the best Dr.'s I've ever had.
He is caring and the whole Staff is wonderful. His nurse Carol makes you feel so at ease and comforted. This Doctor honestly listens to you and takes each symptom on it's on rather then righting you off. Very highly recommend!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Regional Medical Center
Dr. James J Nakashima accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPeace Health St John Medical Center, 1615 Delaware St, Longview, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James J Nakashima in this video.
Dr. James J Nakashima is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Longview, WA.