Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James P Nevins has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 5
Being an RN since 1998, I can appreciate Dr. Nevins direct answers and information he gives his patients. He has treated my son for football fractures. Dr. Nevins wants to hear it from the boy not "his mommy." Yes, my son will try and get me to talk with the doctor. It's time to grow up! My son loved Dr. Nevins. His approach is conservative unless the injury is not progressing in the healing process. The direction of care is RIGHT ON THE BUTTON. No fancy, buy this buy that, treatment this and that...... Dr. Nevins is no frills, HE IS ALL CONFIDENT! Straight to the point. His credentials are more than is available on this site. He's worked for GREAT college and professional sports teams and is humble about his accomplishment that most would have printed on a shirt to wear. Just know, I don't like to use the word militant, just remember they types of patients he's worked with. As patients.. come on.. w fib a little/ ha ha. Dr. Nevins will let you know you are and the consequences if you do not follow his advice- I just love the care of this man, what he's about, knowledge of medicine, ethics of practice, experienced, and firm bedside manners. He's not just " sport's" injuries, he's a Physician. If you want to be coddled, told things in a foo-foo way, get all the little this and that, cry's when a Doctor talks with straight no Bologna demeanor. Well.... it will be unfortunate you have to miss out on this man's care! A doctor man would be glad to be in his care & relief to a mom plus appreciated by a woman who's," give it to me straight Doc."
Dr. Nevins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1972
Beaumont Health System
Dr. James P Nevins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOuch Medical Center Urgent Care, 27450 Ynez Rd Ste 128, Temecula, CA
Dr. James P Nevins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Temecula, CA.