Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James K Nguyen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 27
I had an appt with him for physical. When I arrived at his office, he asked me if I fasted. I told him if I was to fast, then why didn't he tell me when I made the appt. He blamed the receptionist who scheduled the appt. You can't blame them; it's still the doctor's responsibility to inform his patients. So I had to come back the following week to pull my blood. When I back the following week, I asked the Quest nurse how many hours you had to fast out of curiosity. She told me that for the type of blood test I was doing, 8-12 hours of fasting was required. I told her it hasn't been 8 hours This is another blunder by Dr.Nguyen. He just told me to fast but never specified HOW MANY HOURS. This doctor does not communicate with his patients and take time to address their concerns or questions. He just comes in for about 5 minutes or so and leaves without telling you much. I already changed my primary doctor.
I went to AdvantageCare flatiron after seeing another doctor for years because my employer health plan changed. What I encountered at AdvantageCare Flatiron was a beautifully decorated office and staggeringly, stupidly bad care. Dr. James Nguyen never did anything to address a single issue I brought to his attention for the year and a half that I was his patient. He either dismissed my concerns or told me he would have to refer to problem to another doctor. My health problems, bladder spasms and carpal tunnel, are completely normal for someone my age, and there are a range of treatments for both. All this practice did was refer and refer and refer. They wasted my time and did NOTHING to help me. James Nguyen and the entire AdvantageCare Flatiron Practice are a bunch of incompetents. Stay away.
Dr. James Nguyen lacks attentiveness. Last year, I went to him to obtain health forms for school and he never sent them. This year I call for an RX refill and he sends them to the wrong pharmacy. Also, he once schedules a 2week follow-up for one of my prescriptions, and when I came for the follow-up it was pretty much: "So no problem? Ok you're good, bye." How much money did my insurance paid you on top of my 30$ copay for you to tell me that? Disappointing :(
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
17 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. James K Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsManhattan Physician Group, 21 E 22nd St Frnt 1, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James K Nguyen in this video.
Dr. James K Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.