Dr. James Norman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Norman?

Great Care!

Posted on December 3rd, 2017

Procedure dates by Dr. James Norman and Dr. Gary Clayman - October 3 & 4, 2017 At 15 years of age, I had my thyroid removed as a preventive measure for medullary thyroid cancer. Then approximately 17 years later I began to develop two different health issues at one time. My family physician referred me to a specialist in Cleveland, Ohio, due to a rise in my calcitonin level which indicates a cancerous tumor developing somewhere (probably in tissue left behind from my thyroid removal). Around the same time, it was discovered that I was developing a tumor on my parathyroid gland as well (these are very rarely ever cancerous). Multiple tests and scans were performed and these tumors could not be located. Exploratory surgery was performed to try and find my parathyroid tumor. This was a very lengthy surgery and resulted in the removal of three good parathyroid glands, but they could not locate my bad parathyroid gland. The doctors indicated that maybe I had an abnormal anatomy and at some point I might need my chest bone opened to explore that area for the parathyroid gland that contained the tumor. Shortly after I had the parathyroid surgery, in researching my health problems, I found information about the Norman Parathyroid Clinic. Everything seemed too good to be true, but we always kept this facility in mind and tried to find out more information and people or physicians who knew anything about The Norman Parathyroid Clinic or patients who had been there. Several years later, after many tests and scans, my family physician wanted me to have a second opinion, so he set me up with a specialist in Charleston, West Virginia. I switched to this specialist, since she was very knowledgeable and much closer to my home. Shortly after switching to her, I asked if she had ever heard of Norman Parathyroid Clinic and she said she actually had sent a patient to them and they had successfully helped that patient and she would be glad to help set it up for us to go to the Norman Parathyroid Clinic. Over the years she attempted to find my cancerous tumor as well, but nothing ever showed up in my tests and scans (even though my calcitonin levels continued to rise). My symptoms from my parathyroid tumor were beginning to get worse. My symptoms included acid reflux, high bloodpressure, aching legs and kidney stones which were coming faster and faster and growing larger with each occurrence. It had been 20 years or more since the second surgery and each time we tried to locate the cancerous tumor we were told it was too microscopic to show up, but when it got large enough it would eventually show up. I began to think I needed to address the tumor on my parathyroid because by this time I was growing tired of the multiple kidney stones, all the tests that this kept requiring, and all the time off from work due to several kidney stone surgeries. I decided that it was time to have the doctor to set me up with the Norman Parathyroid Clinic. It was a hard decision to make because the consultation fee cost more for me due to the multiple surgeries I had been through. These multiple surgeries I had made my case more difficult and there was no guarantee that my parathyroid tumor could be found. Shortly after this had been set in motion, a relative of mine discovered a coworker’s husband that had also successfully been treated at Norman Parathyroid Clinic. That made two people that I was aware of that had successful procedures. The entire process, working with the staff at Norman Parathyroid Clinic, was so easy and they were so professional and wonderful to work with. The consultation was completed by phone with Dr. Boone and I was told that I was not an easy case. Due to all the scar tissue from previous surgeries there was no guarantee that the parathyroid tumor would show up on the Sestamibi scan and be located but they were willing to try. I was also told that since I was a more difficult case Dr. Boone and Dr. Norman would be performing the surgery together. I arrived in Tampa, had my Sestamibi scan, and they located my parathyroid tumor. While waiting in the prep room for my mini-surgery, Dr. Norman stops in to talk and we begin discussing my high calcitonin levels and I inquired if this surgery would take care of this as well. He informed me that this was an entirely different issue and after discussing the medical history regarding this that he was postponing the surgery until later that day or possibly even the next day. He stated that he was going to get the thyroid cancer specialist, Dr. Clayman, to see me for a consult and more tests would need to be ran and there was no way in good conscious could he perform his parathyroid surgery before this had been checked out. Dr. Clayman came in for his consult and ordered testing, which led to biopsies that showed the cancer that no one had been able to locate over the course of the past 20 years. It was a shock and a relief all at the same time. A dual surgery was then scheduled for the following day. Dr. Norman handed me over to Dr. Clayman so he could perform the surgery to remove my medullary thyroid cancer, but Dr. Norman would perform his surgery to remove the parathyroid tumor. I had cancer in my neck and on a nerve near my vocal cord. Both Dr. Clayman and Dr. Norman stated it was a blessing that I came to them and if it had been left much longer I would have lost my voice. After surgery the aching in my legs cleared up immediately. Nearly two months after surgery I am still battling acid reflux but this may be due to other health problems I have been diagnosed with. My parathyroid hormone levels have dropped from over 100 to 9 and my calcium levels are now within normal range. Calcitonin levels have dropped from around 300-400 to less than 2. I received the most professional, loving care from everyone that was involved in my care including all the staff at the Norman Parathyroid Clinic, the Thyroid Cancer Center, Tampa General Hospital and especially Dr. James Norman, Dr. Deva Boone and Dr. Gary Clayman. Not only did they treat me as a close friend or a relative, they also treated my wife with excellent hospitality. The care did not end after the surgery though, I have been in touch daily with Dr. Boone for updates and instructions and this was at their request. You can learn so much more about the Norman Parathyroid Clinic, parathyroid disease and treatment at parathyroid.com and about thyroid diseases and treatment at www.thyroidcancer.com. I highly recommend the Norman Parathyroid Clinic and The Thyroid Cancer Center and wish I had known about them earlier and sought treatment from them prior to previous surgeries. The Norman Parathyroid Clinic and the Thyroid Cancer Center was truly a blessing to me and I could not be more thankful for everything I experienced during this past year with them! Greg Moore, Ripley, WV

Compassionate, positive experience

Posted on December 1st, 2017

After a very botched Parathyroid surgery in Dayton, Ohio I was researching on line and found Dr. Norman's Parathyroid site, articles and medical research. I still have an adenoma based on blood work but cannot be found on Dr. Norman's scans. Yes, I made the appointment and saw Dr. Norman 10/28/17. He was unable to do a 2 nd surgery at this time due to my prior surgeon causing extensive scar tissue. I am going home to allow more time for healing and softening of the scar tissue. I have felt extreme fatigue for a long time and I was so looking forward to surgery to remove the adenoma. I'll be back in 2 years for re evaluation as per Dr. Norman. I appreciate his honesty, his caring and compassionate presentation of the news as he explained to me.

Parathyroid surgeon

Posted on September 2nd, 2017

Dr. Norman discussed my case with great knowledge and compassion in preop. (no office visit)

Dr. James Norman is the best in his field.

Posted on August 20th, 2017

Dr. Norman did my parathyroid surgery on August 15, 2017. I highly recommend him! My surgery was complicated since it was my third parathyroid operation, but he cured me in less than 30 minutes.

Medicare fraud

Posted on July 30th, 2017

Did you know Dr Norman was fined $4 million for Medicare fraud to all the patients lauding him in these reviews. le Let the buyer be ware and check your bill and wallet

Parathyroid Surgery - Claudia B.

Posted on June 22nd, 2017

Awesome…the entire staff at Norman Parathyroid Center… from the office support, fabulous doctors/nurses, the surgical team including the hospital staff!!! Tampa General Hospital provided an atmosphere of peace and calm. This energized bunny has been re-energized!!! I am so thankful and blessed to have found the Norman Parathyroid Center. May God bless all of you for your dedication and caring in giving people back their lives in an easy, no non-sense manner!!! If you are having any parathyroid issues look no further…put your complete trust in the Norman Parathyroid Center these professionals know what they’re doing!

Parathyroid removal

Posted on March 4th, 2017

I am so thankful I found Dr. Norman's office. I have dealt with chronic kidney stones, foggy brain and fatigue to name a few. From the first time i contacted their office it has been a wonderful experience. They were friendly, professional and answered all questions promptly. I am blessed that I only lived 4 hours away from Tampa in Jacksonville, FL and drove down the day before and stayed at the courtyard Marriott in downtown Tampa which is less than a mile away from the hospital. The morning of the surgery I was there at 5:00am and out by 9:30am. From the nurses to the physicians it was a very pleasant experience! Dr. Boone was my treating dr and she was super nice and caring. She explained everything in great detail and made me feel very comfortable. I am now 7 hours post op and resting nicely! I cannot wait to start to feel better! I am forgive grateful to this wonderful team on physicians that have essentially cured me!! Thank you

A top notch doctor

Posted on February 26th, 2017

Simply this man know all what he needs to diagnose and cure you. The operation technique and an essential device for diagnosis is registered under his name..no one is like him. I am a doctor and I can tell about a genuine physician. He treated me with 13 min operation without pain or complications

Great Experience

Posted on October 27th, 2016

Prior to choosing the Norman Parathyroid Surgery Center I review two other Hospitals in the PA area and found that they did not have Nearly the expertise these Doctors had. My surgery was approximately 20 mins, and was ready to leave an hr later. I was instructed to take a regiment of Calcium tablets because (extremely important), your levels will be extremely Low are will take sometime to balance out. After leaving there, I had a tuna sandwich and took a brief walk around the area. I was so elated my surgery went Well with Dr. Lopez and Dr. Politz. I'd read their Parathyroid.com Site, Thoroughly, and went there prepared for the Greatest expectations. I was not disappointed. Really I could go on about how my surgeon in Pa was going to take out the wrong Parathyroid which would have caused a repeat surgery. These Doctors found the proper Adenoma and I am cured. It has been two years and counting, with Normal Calcium, PTH, and a Cat scan that showed no uptake. You will not regret going here.

Almost a miracle

Posted on October 6th, 2016

If you are told to wait and see about a possible Parathyroid tumor. DON'T ! The Norman team know EXACTLY what they are doing and treat you as an equal with care and consideration. It is true, my bone pain disappeared within an hour. Yes, that is what I said WITHIN AN HOUR ! Non invasive surgery at its best. Thanks to ALL THE TEAM.

Had one gland removed September 2015. Traveled from Iowa.

Posted on October 6th, 2016

I am almost 73 years of age. My tumor had been having its way with me for at least 5 years. My life has improved dramatically since my surgery. This has to be the most life changing experience I have ever had. Indeed, Dr. Norman is "a Prince among men". Read every testimonial, I did , twice. Thank you is from my heart!

One of the best Drs. I've found in S Florida

Posted on September 10th, 2016

GREAT GROUP OF DOCTORS. EVERYTHING WENT THE WAY IT'S EXPLAINED ON THE WEB SITE.