Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Barlow
Dr. James Barlow, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sun City West, AZ, with another office in Surprise, AZ. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Barlow is affiliated with Arrowhead Hospital, Banner Del E Webb Medical Center and Mountain View and San Jose – Los Gatos. He speaks English.
Dr. James Barlow has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Cancer (Basal Cell Carcinoma)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I went to this office because of his Mohs certification and knowledge. I knew I had a couple of skin cancers and previously have gone to doctors in Florida that perform Mohs procedure for removal. Mohs differs from other techniques in that microscopic examination of all excised tissues occurs during rather than after the surgery, thereby eliminating the need to "estimate" how far out or deep the roots of the skin cancer go. This allows the Mohs surgeon to remove all of the cancer cells while sparing as much normal tissue as possible. The procedure entails removing one thin layer of tissue at a time; as each layer is removed, its margins are studied under a microscope for the presence of cancer cells. If the margins are cancer-free, the surgery is ended. If not, more tissue is removed from the margin where the cancer cells were found, and the procedure is repeated until all the margins of the final tissue sample examined are clear of cancer. Not in this case. Large excisions were made, then sent to a lab and I had to wait a week for results and another appointment. I asked if they performed Mohs the normal way (while you wait) and they said they only do it for cancers of the face. Unfortunately, mine were on my arms. I didn't like waiting a week to find out if they got it all.
I didn't even see the doctor, so in fairness, I can't rate him. I will only say that I was requested to arrive 15 minutes prior to my appointment, which I did. I then waited another 30 minutes in the lobby. Another patient arrived about 15 minutes after my appointment time and was taken back within minutes, while I continued to wait. I was then called back to the exam room and waited yet another 15 minutes. I feel that a wait of 15 to 30 minutes in total is acceptable, but 45 minutes or longer is not. It is unprofessional and discourteous. I am a consumer and medical practitioners are a service commodity. A little detail so many tend to forget.
Dr. Barlow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Banner Del E Webb Medical Center
Mountain View and San Jose – Los Gatos
13 Years Experience
University of Nevada
Graduated in 2000
Dr. James Barlow accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Barlow in this video.
Dr. James Barlow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sun City West, AZ.