Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Owens has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James R Owens has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 24
I HAD THE PRIVELEDGE OF DEALING WITH THIS DOCTOR WHEN HE CALLED THE LAB THAT I WORK AT. HE WAS VERY NASTY AND TRIED TO BELITTLE ME LIKE I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. I WOULD NEVER GO TO HIM AND I DEAL WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE IN MY PROFESSION. I WILL MAKE SURE I TELL THEM ALL ABOUT HIS PROFESSIONAL "ATTITUDE".
Stay far far away from this doctor, he is sexist, unprofession, self-centered and judgmental. I dropped this doctor after only being a patient for less than one year. This doctor would constantly say sexist remarks toward me, discourage me from pursuing a challenging career, told me that my bachelors degree was a joke and that my husband being active duty was a joke, would constantly sneer and roll his eyes. Hands down the most unpleasant human being I've ever met in my life, total disregard for other people's feelings.
I want to tell Chambersburg mothers, if you have a teenage daughter and you are able to get an appointment with Dr. Owens, Do so!I have consistently been thoroughly impressed with his care of both my children ( I have a younger son).Being a single mother, recently injured in Afghanistan, all kinds of issues (some medical but more imoirtantly life issues) have arisen over the ladt 18 months and I just have to say, we have never, ever had anyone take a genuine interest & offer honest advice and leave knowing that we have had the best care available.He is a family man with a wonderful way with children.You might have to wait a little bit, but you know that he will give you the same time & attention needed, so it is well worth it!
17 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. James R Owens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKeystone Family Medicine, 820 5th Ave, Chambersburg, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Owens in this video.
Dr. James R Owens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chambersburg, PA.