Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James Holmes has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 7
went to the doc. his office help was very unfriendly. did not like helping me, was very rude. doctor did nothing about it, told me I needed a very aggressive treatment to treat a liver disease that he said I had. his office girl said she would call me and tell me when I could start my treatments , no need to keep calling her. that was 11 months ago. now she sends me a bill from a year ago that I have already paid. I do not want to deal with this person again, but here we go again. I have a receipt to prove payment. another doctor has taken care of me. dr. holmes did not care enough to find out why I had not started treatment. I wonder how many of his patients this office person has gotten rid of?
Dr. Holmes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Crestwood Medical Center
27 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1986
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. James Holmes accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions250 Chateau Dr SW, Huntsville, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Holmes in this video.
Dr. James Holmes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.