Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Kelly
Dr. James Kelly, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Aurora, CO, with another office in Aurora, CO. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Neurological Surgery. Dr. Kelly is affiliated with North Colorado Medical Center, Boulder Community Health and Exempla Lutheran Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Kelly has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Tumor
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
We met with Dr. Kelly and found him to be very kind, caring and very compassionate. He spent a lot of time going over our situation very carefully. He did testing that a bunch of other physicians did not ever do. He found so many things going on that other Neurologists didn't ever pick up. We completely trust Dr. James P. Kelly with our care. He is an amazing doctor and a very nice person. Highly recommend him to others who have Traumatic Brain Injury.
Dr. Kelly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Anthony North Hospital
Saint Anthony Hospital
University of Colorado Hospital
Denver Health Medical Center
Rehab Institute Of Chicago, Chicago, Il
Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Northwestern Mem Hosp, Chicago, Il
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
University of Illinois Ho
33 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. James Kelly accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Kelly in this video.
Dr. James Kelly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, CO.