Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James P Mckenna has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James P Mckenna has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. James P Mckenna is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
This is my "PCP" or at least he is the guy listed on my insurance cards, but I dont think I have ever met the man, maybe, I have been going to this doctor's office for 30 years since I was a baby.Family Practice in Beaver FallsIt's been my "PCP for my whole life(30 years), but I doubt that since I turned 18 and started going to the doc less I have seen the same doctor twice. They hire student doctors right out of that work there for 3 years, the 3 year docs are usually the best. So it is pretty much impossible to form any kind of relationship with your doc, because it will be a different one every time. I understand it is a very busy clinic in a poor neighborhood, I just wish it was easier to talk to your doc, especially for people that are poor like many in Beaver Falls. If I have something that is at all embarrassing I will rarely bring it up. I dont want to really bash them because it is a great place that does great things for the community but that is something that always bothered me about going there. But alot of the nurses have been there for longer than I am old, and thats nice, the one lady always tells me how cute I was when I was a baby and asks me what the heck happened, lol. The mean(in a funny way) receptionists have also worked there forever. Why can't they have more than a handful of docs stay for a long time? I guess it is a teaching clinic or whatever but I think the bedside manner could be better with the docs if they were required to stay longer than 3 years.
38 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. James P Mckenna accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedexpress Urgent Care, 3944 Brodhead Rd Ste 7B, Monaca, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James P Mckenna in this video.
Dr. James P Mckenna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monaca, PA.