Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. James P Wood
Dr. James P Wood, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brookfield, WI, with another office in New Berlin, WI. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Wood is affiliated with Aurora West Allis Medical Center. Dr. Wood has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James P Wood has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. James P Wood has the following 15 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. James P Wood has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James P Wood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 16
One of the most rudest humans I have ever met. I came to him about a possible knee replacement. I am not yet retirement age, but my body is getting a little older than I feel. This Doctor made me feel like utter garbage. Why do people like this go into the service industry, and how the heck could he have made it this far with no people skills?
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. James P Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & Directions
Dr. James P Wood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookfield, WI.